Replacement Theology is the belief that the Church of today has replaced Israel in God’s prophetic program. It teaches that God judged the Nation of Israel for their sin and disobedience in the destruction of Jerusalem and the Second Temple (Herod’s restoration project) in 70 AD, and that Israel has forfeited the right to God’s “everlasting covenant”!
(Editor’s note: You might want to get David’s booklet on “Replacement Theology” which gives more details on this view!)
Please consider the following points which this ministry believes is the teaching of God’s Word on this matter:
1. THE NATION OF ISRAEL WILL NEVER CEASE TO EXIST!
Jeremiah 31:35-37; Matthew 24:34-35
2. GOD HAS NEVER FORSAKEN ISRAEL!
Isaiah 49:13-16; Romans 11:1-2
3. THE PROMISE OF A LAND IS BASED ON AN EVERLASTING COVENANT!
Genesis 12:1-3; 15:18; 17:7-8; Psalm 108:8-11
4. GOD’S PROMISES TO ISRAEL ARE NOT BASED ON THEIR PERFORMANCE OR MERIT!
5. THERE IS NO “CHURCH” IN THE OLD TESTAMENT!
Acts 7:38 – the Greek word “ekklesia” is translated “church” in the English King James version, but it is referring to the “congregation” (Hebrew: qahal) and assembly of the children of Israel in the wilderness. In all Greek translations of the OT Hebrew, the only Greek word used for the Hebrew “qahal” is the word “ekklesia” – a called-out assembly.
6. THE “ISRAEL OF GOD” REFERS TO JEWISH MESSIANIC BELIEVERS!
Galatians 6:16 – notice carefully the use of the conjunction “and” and the preposition “upon” – there are two groups in this verse – the first is referring to Gentile Messianic believers and the second to Jewish Messianic believers.
7. WHEN A JEWISH PERSON BECOMES A BELIEVER IN YESHUA, THAT PERSON DOES NOT CEASE TO BE JEWISH!
Galatians 3:28 – “neither Jew nor Gentile” – it also says “neither male nor female” – When was the last time you saw a woman become a believer in Yeshua and she stopped being a female!
8. THE JEWISH PEOPLE DID NOT CRUCIFY YESHUA!
Matthew 20:18-19 – Yeshua said that the Gentiles would crucify Him (Romans) – the Jews of that day did NOT use crucifixion, but rather executed the death penalty by stoning (the Romans did not allow anyone to do it, however!) The corrupt Jewish leadership manipulated the Romans to crucify Yeshua – but it was all a part of the marvelous plan of God!
9. THE PARTIAL “BLINDNESS” OF ISRAEL DOES NOT ELIMINATE THEIR FUTURE SALVATION!
Isaiah 45:18-25; Romans 11:25-27