Meditations in the Psalms
The wonderful processes of nature and our environment are created and controlled by God. It is something about which we can get excited! This portion emphasizes strongly the works and wisdom of God. It should lead us to praise Him daily! The last two verses remind us of the brevity of our lives, and the power of God’s Spirit to create and renew. We are reminded by way of illustration to wait upon the Lord and trust Him fully to meet all of our needs.
- The exaltation of God’s works and wisdom – verse 24
- The enormity of God’s creatures in the sea – verse 25
- The extent to which the sea is used – verse 26
- The expectancy of the creatures in the sea – verses 27-28
- The end of their lives in the hand of God – verse 29
- The essential of God’s Spirit in creation and renewal – verse 30
The oceans of the world are so immense, and the creatures that live in them so innumerable. All created by a wise and loving God. We have great evidence of His power and kindness toward us.
Verse for Meditation
Verse 24 – “O LORD, how manifold are Thy works! in wisdom hast Thou made them all: the earth is full of Thy riches.”
“Lord, I come to worship You today, and to thank You for the greatness of the seas and all that is in them!”