Meditations in the Psalms
This psalm of praise about God’s faithfulness includes strong words that there is no one like our God! It exalts in His power, and speaks pointedly about what God has done and is, therefore, capable of doing. When we are tempted to question what God is doing, or doubt what He is willing or able to do, we need to be reminded quickly that His power is greater than any other, and all of creation belongs to Him!
- The reverence that belongs only to God – verse 7
- The realization that there is no one like Him – verse 8
- The rule of God over His creation – verse 9
- The recognition of His victories – verse 10
- The rejoicing of His creation – verses 11-12
- The reminder of His strength – verse 13
Nothing so calms our hearts as the knowledge that God is in control and has the power we need for every circumstance we face. How we need to trust in the Lord and His power and faithfulness!
Verse for Meditation
Verse 8 – “O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto Thee? or to Thy faithfulness round about Thee?”
“You, Lord, are my Strength and the only One upon Whom I can depend.”