Meditations in the Psalms
This latter portion of the psalm is an urgent prayer to God for His help. There is much in life that is hard to understand. The attacks of the enemy, the accusations of others, the way the wicked continue to prosper and control, are but a few of them. Life is filled with much pain, frequent disappointments, and unresolved difficulties. All of this should drive us to our knees and to cry unto God Who alone understands and is working all things for our good and His glory.
- The plea for God to forget the past – verse 8
- The purging of sin that is needed – verse 9
- The punishment of the wicked for what they have done – verse 10
- The preservation of those who have suffered – verse 11
- The prayer for God’s revenge – verse 12
- The praise that will be shown to all generations – verse 13
In the final analysis, we must leave matters in the hands of the Lord. Our task is to give Him thanks and to praise Him forever.
Verse for Meditation
Verse 13 – “So we Thy people and sheep of Thy pasture will give Thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth Thy praise to all generations.”
“I will give thanks to You, O Lord, and praise Your Name forever, for You will make all things right.”