Meditations in the Psalms
This wonderful psalm speaks of God’s character and His compassion towards us, and exhorts us to bless (speak well of) His “holy Name.” It is “holy” because it is separate and above all others. His Name refers to His attributes and abilities.
- The response to His holy Name – verse 1
- The remembrance of all His benefits – verse 2
- The release from sin and disease – verse 3
- The redemption from destruction – verse 4a
- The reward of His kindness and mercy – verse 4b
- The renewal He gives that satisfies – verse 5
Our blessed Lord “forgiveth” and “healeth” and “redeemeth” and “crowneth” and “satisfieth” – praise His wonderful Name! Take out moments of your day and remember all His blessings and rejoice in His character!
Verse for Meditation
Verse 1 – “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy Name.”
“Lord, how I bless You and praise You for all the good things You do to satisfy the deepest longings of my heart!”