Meditations in the Psalms
There is nothing more wonderful than having a clean heart. David realized that he needed to be cleansed by God if he was to restore the joy of his salvation and to once again have an influence upon others. How we need to learn that lesson! The agony of unconfessed sin and the refusal to repent can lead to great misery and pain both emotionally, physically, as well as spiritually.
- The purging of his sin – verse 7
- The plea for the restoration of joy – verse 8
- The part which he knew God must do – verse 9
- The prayer for a clean heart – verse 10
- The presence of the Lord that was so needed in his heart – verse 11
- The power of the Lord’s restoration – verse 12
- The proclamation of God’s message – verse 13
Open your eyes to this truth – God uses clean hearts and right spirits!
Verse for Meditation
Verse 10 – “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
“Lord, I acknowledge my sin and humbly ask for Your forgiveness and cleansing.”