Meditations in the Psalms
The terrible consequences of Israel’s sin and disobedience are described in today’s portion of Psalm 78. It is a reminder of what our sin brings to our lives. But, the text also reveals that God will never give up on His people; His covenant is unconditional, and His love will never end. We thank the Lord for that!
- The death of His people – verse 62
- The destruction of marriage – verse 63
- The desecration of the priesthood – verse 64
- The decision of the Lord to stop it – verse 65
- The defeat of Israel’s enemies – verse 66
Were it not for God’s interventions throughout the history of Israel, there would be no Israel today. In spite of the tragedies that occurred, God was still delivering His people. What wonderful encouragement that is to our hearts!
Verse for Meditation
Verse 65 – “Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.”
“Thank You, Lord, for delivering Your people, and for rescuing me on many occasions.”